Friday, January 25, 2013

Lessons

Well, I finally took my first official private horse lesson last Saturday.  I was a bit underwhelmed.  The girl was nice, but I just don't think her or her horse are as advanced as I'd like for instructing me.  I believe they've usually worked with beginners.  Oh well.

So now I'm waiting for the weather to let up so I can take lessons with the lady I posted earlier.  She sounds like exactly what I'm looking for - particularly about dressage being the basis of good riding.  She also has had success teaching riders on green horses, like I'd be with Snickers, so I can't wait to see what she can do with us!   The weather has been COLD and she wanted to wait until it warmed up, especially since she's going to drive out and give me lessons at Marri's place, and it's finally getting there.  I don't know if tomorrow will work out, but hopefully I'll start soon!  And I'm all set with my new bit and saddle to give us the best chance of being successful - and have a trainer help me figure out all the kinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment