Sunday, January 29, 2012

A break for Flash

I went and saw Flash this week and worked on targeting the bottle to give me a hug.  He knows how to target, that's for sure!  Now I just need to phase it out and get him to respond to the cue for hugs rather than simply touching a target.  I'm not really working with him on anything critical right now because he did so well with all his other clicker training.  The bridling issue and getting to know Snickers is my priority, so Flash gets a little bit of a break for now, especially because my next step will be to work on lunging Flash some more and ground driving him, but I need some better weather and ground to work with before I really want to get into it.  Last week the arena was flooded, and now it's just frozen solid :S  Oh well, that's winter for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment